Saturday, May 17, 2014

What to Wear on a Date: LBT


Trading in my little black dress for this little black top.




Top: ASOS -- Pants: Kimchi Blue -- Shoes: Steve Madden -- Necklace: Francesca's

Dating is complicated right? Right.  But what I find that is more complicated is finding what the hell to wear on a date without being too much or too minimalistic.  Every lady knows that she must have that little black dress hanging in her closet somewhere. But sometimes, wearing that same little black dress over and over again can get...well, a little bland leaving you staring into your closet with your arms crossed and you fist on your mouth.  Here is how I handle this situation.

The little black top.  
For the past couple of months I have been posting my cravings for crop tops on my mood boards, what can I say, I love em! I think they look sexy with a blazer or a slim fitted leather motorcycle jacket paired with a high waisted pant or skirt.  

Now...onto the bottoms.

With the warm weather rolling into the Bay Area, I avoid tight denim....actually, I opt-out denim all together and slip into what some of you might refer to, "MC Hammer" pants. Now with these type of pants remember, somewhat fitted but somewhat loose.....(does that even make sense??)  If the "MC Hammer" pants aren't your thing, no biggie, try a skater skirt like THIS, or a wide leg pant like THIS.  That way, you don't feel like you are suffocating in your own clothes.

Either way.

Whatever you choose to wear when you go on your date, with this simple crop top, have fun with it and don't change up your style or make yourself uncomfortable just to impress your date.  If your date is more concern with your style more than your personality (this dude), then hopefully you don't have to worry about picking out another outfit to go on another date with him/her soon :P

Have a great evening!

xoxo
RIO

No comments:

Post a Comment