Sunday, September 11, 2011

The meaning of RIO the Dream*Catcher

Good afternoon my dears! So I have gotten a few questions surprisingly, from a few people asking me what is the meaning of my blog name, RIO THE DREAM*CATCHER.  Well to start off with RIO...those are my intials backwards :) As for dream-catcher, one, I love dream-catchers....I love them so much I have a tattoo on my right hip/thigh which you can see by click on this --> dream-catcher 
Anybody who knows me, knows that I'm very big on culture. Whether it is learning about other individuals culture and background or whether it's representing your own :) I am half Polish and then African American and Native American Indian (Choctaw Nation) So that's another reason why I chose the dream-catcher...but anywho! Back to my studies and then work blahhhh! 

I took this photo outside my window of the fire department displaying a huge American flag on my campus.


R.I.P. to the people who lost their lives on 9/11 and who fought overseas due to this tragic event. I send out my love and prayers after 10 years to the people and families affected by that day. I pray that we all can just one day come together in unity, not just as a country but unite with everyone all over the world.

xoxo
RIO