Friday, August 23, 2013

Are you Ready to Transition?!

olive dress

Even though I am elated for my favorite season fall, it dawned on me that I better squeeze in as many short sleeve dresses, mojitos and sun soaking before the nights get shorter and the breeze a bit nip.


olive dress
olive dress
olive dress

When the weather starts to get a little funky and the temperature starts to fluctuate from cold, to hot to cold again, you need rely on some good ole' layers.  The dress that I am wearing is my transition piece that is perfect to layer up.

Photography By Kate from Clear the Way

The key things that I look for in a transition piece is: 
-Fabrics that are not to light but not so heavy (my dress is a jersey knit)
-A neutral color that you can play around with (Earth tones)
-A flattering cut that will not make layering look bulky (wrap dresses are perfect for every shape) 

Yes, I'm aware I'm not photographed in layers...that's for the next post :)

xoxo
RIO

No comments:

Post a Comment