Tuesday, June 28, 2016

15 New-Mom Must-Have Essentials


The past three months have been trial and error when it comes to finding what works for Elliott. It was a complete headache when I was creating my registry. Between reading up the reviews, testing out the products and researching to see if any of the products I had liked had recalls was time consuming. So with that being said, I wanted to create a short and sweet list of my favorite baby essentials for the new mommy's out there!!!


1. Uppababy "Mesa" Car Seat - At first Elliott hated this seat (he hates being confined). But honestly, this car seat is great! It is easy to install in your car and into the stroller. Another plus, super easy to clean!
2. Uppababy "Cruz" Stroller with Bassinet - I was debating with the Uppababy Vista and I am so happy I went with the Cruz that is more compact. It is easy to fold up, it's not heavy and it provides Elliott a smooth ride. All of the seats are rear or front facing. The only complaint with the stroller is that when you insert the carseat or bassinet into the stroller base, it is hard to access your items (bags) in the storage underneath. The bassinet was the perfect size for Elliott who is super tall (born at 9 pounds, 21.5 inches long).
3. Seventh Generation Diapers - I tried cloth diapers, Honest diapers and Babyganics diapers and ended up being satisfied with the Seventh Generation brand. They are chlorine free, absorb A LOT and Elliott had very few leaks!
4. Munchkin Bottle Cleaner - My bestie got this bottle cleaner for me and my goodness, this is a life saver!
5. Little Remedies Gas Drops - Elliott was super gassy whenever I ate dairy (I am now dairy free). These gas drops worked like a charm and he didn't spit out so I am assuming the taste isn't too bad. 
6. Dekor Plus Diaper Pail - Elliott's changing table is in my room so of course, the diaper pail is right next to it. Thank God my room doesn't smell like poo and it is all because this diaper pail has an anti odor interior that eliminates the stink. The only complaint I have, I wish it was bigger.
7. Babyganics Wipes - I like the amount of moisture and how big these wipes are.
8. Munchkin Wipe Warmer - What a God send! When Elliott is half a sleep at night, the last thing I want to do is startle him with a cold wipe. 
9. Jollypop Pacifier - I got a handful of these pacifiers when I was in the hospital. He loves them so why change it up?
10. Fisher-Price Swing - This is the only chair Elliott loves! Elliott would cry in any other seat except for this one. I am kind of freaking out inside because he is growing like weed and will out grow this swing soon :(
11. Gaga Busy Buddy Giraffe - Elliott's favorite toy in the whole wide world. The wood teething rings on the giraffe is his favorite and he enjoys the crinkly noise it makes!
12. Wood Teething Toy - Elliott started teething at two and a half months. Crazy, I know. He loves chomping on wood.
13. Activity Gym - Perfect for hand-eye coordination and for tummy time!
14. Munchkin Latch Bottle - I switched the bottle on him and oh my goodness, Elliott had a fit! This is his favorite bottle when I want to feed him milk that I had pumped.
15. 360 Ergobaby Carrier - As a single mom, it can get hard to get stuff done around the house when you don't have an extra hand. This carrier is THE BEST! Great support for Elliott and I and easy to put on and take off.


Hope I gave you enough insight! Enjoy!
Olivia Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment