Saturday, November 02, 2013

Playing it Safe

asymmetrical skirt

I have those mornings were I feel like Beyonce and want to wear something bold and edgy.  Then I remind myself, "Olivia, put down the leather pants, don't touch the funky skirt and don't you dare try putting on that asymmetrical sheer blouse...you have work!" 


asymmetrical skirt

asymmetrical skirt
Photography By Kate from Clear the Way

I have been playing it safe lately...well...I have to.

Adjusting to my job has been easy peasy in some ways and heartbreaking in others. Adjusting to a more conservative environment kinda sorta limits you on what you would like to wear. Playing it safe equals to neglecting fabulous things that now look fabulous on a lonely hanger (in my eyes). When Kate was over at my house I whipped out this outfit...at first we both looked at each other like, "where are you going with this Olivia", but after giving this no form top a waistline and breaking the fashion rule with white shoes, I decided that this is my time to break out and start having some fun with my clothes again.

To be continued....

xoxo
RIO

1 comment:

  1. Haha, it's true! I love watching you put your outfits together. It's so fun to witness your impeccable styling process!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete