Friday, November 22, 2013

RIO Styling Clear the Way


print on print

The joys of rediscovering new ways how to wear things that are hanging in the closet!


urban outfitters outftit

The challenge for this photo was to style Kate in my clothes...the catcher...trying to reflect her style versus mine.  Styling can get tricky when you are working with someone who has a different style than you. My main goal is to make that person feel fabulous, comfortable and most importantly themselves. 

Like I said in the previous post, Kate is thee Print Queen, hands down. So knowing her love for prints, I wanted to incorporate the print on print in the first photo. 

 RIO tip: If you want to try the print on print look, go for prints that share the same colors and go from there. I like to use softer prints that are not too busy so they can compliment each other.

In the second photo I would have worn neutrals automatically with the coat and shoes (my comfort zone)...but again, we aren't styling me, we are styling Kate....so I  wanted to add bright colors and make her stand out.

RIO tip: If you are going to use bold colors, but feel a bit too "loud" throw on a neutral coat or shoes to break it up.

Check out more photos I took of Kate HERE!

Happy Friday! 

xoxo
RIO

2 comments:

  1. Both outfits rock but I love the first one!! Monochrome is always cool! ♥
    http://dhariascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I loved how both outfits turned out. =]

    ReplyDelete