Sunday, April 27, 2014

Losing Your Personal Style

J Crew Boyfriend fatigue jacket
When it happened, it was quick and it was smooth and no I am not exaggerating.  I had lost my personal style.

Sam Edelman Bootiesstriped black and white skirt

khaki army jacket
head scarf
Jacket: J. Crew -- Shirt: James Perse -- Skirt: Forever21 -- Shoe: Sam Edelman -- Head scarf & Jewelry gifted from Kate

When working for a company with a strict conservative dress code, you get lost in crisp button ups, pencils skirts and blah black heels.  When weekend comes, that is your only chance to whip out the denim and throw on a t-shirt to dress down and savor the moment of being and looking too comfortable.  I found that every Saturday and Sunday I was running like a crazed lady towards my converse and boyfriend jeans...which is cool, but about 95% of my wardrobe was neglected since it was too much (too loud) for work or too much (too dressy) for a relaxed weekend. 
Slowly I am incorporating my personal touch in my work clothes without being too over the top and dressing up on the weekends despite wanting to throw on sweats and flop around the house all day.

Am I the only one with this problem?

xoxo
RIO

No comments:

Post a Comment