Monday, November 03, 2014

Fall Natural Skincare


My skin is just like my crazy curly hair....it has its own thing going on and is quite difficult to tame at times...especially with the cold shift in weather.




Last year in December, I did a similar post of my current beauty products which I tailored up until now.

As I mentioned in this post, I have awkward skin.  One minute it's oily, one minute it's dry and then BAM....I am breaking out.  Struggling with PCOS, I didn't know how the hell to deal with stubborn breakouts and always defaulted into products that had harsh acidic components causing my skin to flare up which resulted into feeling like a lizard.

After digging deep for answers, consulting with doctors and trying different medication, I decided to go with a holistic approach with not only my health, but also with the everyday products. (I will go more into that experience soon....I promise)

I wanted to start off by sharing my skincare products. Yes, I am very aware that everything isn't chemical free. But, I do notice a HUGE difference in switching over to natural products with fewer chemicals.  

Everything above I purchased a Whole Foods. Surprise surprise! If you don't have a Whole Foods, I will link everything below :)

My natural skincare routine goes like this:

Morning: 
  1. Dr. Hauschka cleanser (so calming and nourishing)
  2. Derma E moisturizer 
  3. Andalou Naturals Eye Serum (absorbs super quick!)
  4. Done! 
Evening:
  1. Dr. Hauschka cleanser
  2. Andalou Glycolic Mask (3x a week)
  3. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Great to remove eye make-up prior to cleansing. After cleansing, leave a layer of coconut oil on your face as a moisturizer)
  4. Derma E moisturizer (add to the layer of coconut oil on your face MOISTURIZE!!!!!)
  5. Andalou Naturals Eye Serum
  6. Done!

I highly recommend these products to those who have sensitive skin and for those who deal with breakouts. I will go more in depth with my experience soon!

Happy Monday!

xoxo
RIO

No comments:

Post a Comment