Wednesday, January 01, 2014

I Remember 2013 Like It Was Yesterday




It's Wednesday morning and after ringing in the New Year you are either: A) Hungover B) Still half asleep or C) Freaking out that you really have to go into work tomorrow.  If you feel like you are all the above, you are not alone my friends.


It's a New Year and that calls for new shoes! But for those who made their resolution to shop less, sprucing up an item you already have will make a big difference in your wardrobe.  Those brown suede boots that are your favorite are looking faded like the people dancing last night.  I find that a lot of people overlook the alternative of dying their shoes a different color or touching them up versus letting them sit in your closet and purchasing new ones.

I myself rediscovered these never worn white suede boots that have been tucked away in my closet for two years. I am debating on if I should dye my boots black like I did to my cutout boots here (professionally) since within the five minutes of wearing these bad boys, I somehow managed to get my first smudge...I guess I can call the smudges "character".

If I do go forward with a color change, I am getting it professionally done since dying suede is a bit more complicated than leather since it's softer and absorbs differently (inquire with your cobbler). Don't have a cobbler? I go here: Willow Glen Shoe Repair and Shoe Repair.

But if you are feeling like Martha Stewart and want to take up on DIY, you can do it...again, I don't recommend this DIY on your suede shoes...only leather.  You first strip your leather, I used Fiebing's deglazer and then I dyed my all white Dr. Martens with this Fiebing's leather dye. Check out how my Dr. Martens look. If this is your first time dying your own shoes still talk to a cobbler beforehand!

Good luck and happy New Year!

xoxo
RIO

5 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! That's such a good idea with the boots - would've never thought of that!

    Kim
    http://trendkeeper.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! It's relatively easy to do and keeps you from having to buy another pair! I love your look here; you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are killa! Love the outfit

    Sincerely,
    Cyn

    www.senoritacyn.com

    ReplyDelete