Saturday, January 04, 2014

My Style

hermes kelly dog bracelet

Bell bottoms, boyfriend jeans, red lips and anything oversized I'm all over that shit like cake. I enjoy wearing things that guys loathe and I get a kick at the puzzled faces and curious questions that comes with wearing an outfit.



bell bottoms
hermes kelly dog bracelet
bell bottoms

I'm aware that my outfit isn't too obnoxious and might be somewhat appealing to the opposite sex, however, ask your boyfriend/husband/guy friend how they feel about everything I have listed above and see their response.  Let's face it, most guys prefer skinny jeans, better yet, yoga pants, high heels, cleavage and curve hugging dresses.

Do not get me wrong, I love dressing sexy especially in something classic. But majority of the time, I like wearing things that people don't touch on the clothing racks. I am what Leandra would categorize as a semi-repeller.  My style is overall eclectic,  but sometimes I like to be carefree and funky by wearing something that can be viewed as sexy and then pair it with something that one might consider a little atrocious.  

Regardless of what I am wearing, I feel sexy and confident whether I am wearing a short little black dress or bundled up in my vintage coat with ridiculous layers.  So what's the moral of this post?  Clothes don't make you, you make the clothes.  No one cares how much you have paid for your tops, bags or pants (and ps: most don't even know what labels you are wearing). Don't dress for others, dress for yourself and express you through colors, fabrics, shapes, prints and textures.  I find that so many people are stuck on what they think they are suppose to wear and are afraid to step out of the box.

Just be free and just be you.
xoxo
RIO

3 comments:

  1. I love your look. Very boho style and comfy which is always a plus in my book.
    http://closetwalkthru.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this message. I think you look great! It was fun meeting up with you and Ngoc. =]

    ReplyDelete